.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, September 14, 2006

God...its happened again......

...on December 6, 1989 the Montreal Massacre at l'École Polytechnique claimed the lives of 14 women.
Only women.
The focus was women.
He let the men go from that classroom to shoot just the women.
I won't ever forget that date. I was living on residence at University and I had just come back to my dorm from classes on a break to eat lunch when my housemate told me what had happened. Classes were forgotten as we were riveted to the television. Always the television with these things.
I never forgot. Will never forget.
Yesterday, a gunman opened fire at a CÉGEP in Montreal ....Dawson College....near Atwater....I know the area well. Used to go shopping in the mall around the corner. Bought a purse and a tea cup there once. Pointless memories.
*sigh*. WTF.
I can't believe that this happens daily to so many people in this world.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


Locations of visitors to this page


<