.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, November 13, 2006


Retro Quebec.....


When I was 8 we moved from Toronto to Quebec. I have...mixed emotions from my brief time there. It wasn't the warm and comfortable time that I remember from being in Toronto where I knew the language and the terrain. In anycase, one *very* fond collection of memories that I do have is of Rene Simard. I was in love...along with so many other young girls in Quebec.....with Rene.
My mom bought all the albums for me and my first 8 track was Rene's "Ma petite japonaise".

Anyone here remember his variety show with his sister *putting hand in air* (hell, for that matter, anyone here remember 8-tracks??) ...memories lol.....

My all time favorite Rene song is of course his trademark song....."L'Oiseau". Imagine my absolute and utter delight when I found it on You Tube!!!!! So...if you will all indulge me....here he is:

Rene Simard - L'Oiseau
Rene Simard - L'Oiseau (older)
Rene Simard - Ave Maria (my second fav song)
Rene Simard and Celine Dion
Rene Simard - On ne vie jamais pour rien
Rene Simard - Comment ca va
Rene Simard - Medley de succes

(Jokes about Rene's haircut and dramatic flare are unwelcomed lol)....


....AND....I *have* to include Edith Piaf's "La Vie en Rose".......!! Also from You Tube.....awesome site btw....

Je t'aime toujours Rene!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*insert silly girl scream here*


Rene et Natalie



Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


Locations of visitors to this page


<