.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Saturday, April 07, 2007


GOD and The Blind men:


I barely passed grade 11 physics. I have no real comprehension of physics, but I ~really~ wish I did.

I read an article today discussing "Dark Matter". Of particular interest to me is the notion that upwards of 80% of matter and energy is "dark".....it must be to account for the anomalies of gravity etc. viewed in space and such. Yet, dark matter is invisible to x-rays, light or any other forms of electromagnetic radiation.

Now...I am not a religious person; I do consider myself to have a strong spiritual sense but definately not conforming to any organized doctorine. I can't help but think though of the story of the blind men viewing an elephant from different vantage points. One says that the elephant is like a snake - long and flexible. One says that the elephant is like a great wall and yet another says it is like a spear.
So...I wonder to myself...as I often do.....if we are all just experiencing "GOD" as blind individuals. We are limited by our physical container and even further limited by our experience driven perceptions.

IF "GOD" exists......then theoretically science can one day detect "him". When that day comes, will we recognize what we are "looking" at?? And if we do....will we think of "GOD" as awesome....or....will we be disappointed?

Comments:
Well, it strikes me that it may have something to do with other dimensions for sure. That we only see in 3-dimensions, and measure in 4 at most (poorly in the 4th IMO) is a big part of our misunderstandings of the world, IMO ... it may be not that there is more matter than we can observe the mass of, but rather that we don't know how to measure mass or view matter in its true multi-dimensional sense. And that is a HUGE difference ... think about the difference in "amount" when you turn a square into a cube ... its literally an order of magnitude sort of translation, and if all you could experience directly was the initial square, but you could somehow measure the "mass" of the cube, it might look like there was "a lot of stuff you couldn't see" when in fact it would be more that you couldn't properly see what you were looking at.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


Locations of visitors to this page


<