.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Graduation Day

Today my daughter graduated from kindergarten to grade 1.
I know...... I know...for you people out there without kids, it's really
stupid. But man o' man...for a mom and dad...and the little proud graduate, the day held as much significance as if she were graduating from her Masters degree.

I have spent the year volunteering in her classroom every Friday afternoon. An opportunity I might add that was priceless and I really think that every adult should go back to kindergarten in their lives....it truly gives you a greater appreciation for what teachers really do. Today was my last day of kindergarten also lol.....and I was there for all the rehearsal and all the prep work. The kids were so excited, so thrilled with the event...so proud.

Things I want to remember about my daughter today:

* the way you were so solemn for this momentous occasion even while so many other classmates dissolved in a fit of giggles repeatedly. You were so committed to an image of decorum. It was hilarious.

* the way you informed me prior to your "walk of pride" that you were going to hold your skirt just so....and then you remembered to do exactly that.
* the way you insisted that the daycare people call me in the morning to tell me that you were very nervous about the graduation and could I please bring Baby Tina (your favorite doll) along to watch you get your diploma.

* the way you instructed me to take care of Baby Tina prior to coming to ensure that she had eaten and gone to the washroom lol.

* the way you proudly remembered your lines for your bit in the song and presentation.

* the way you helped me select your dress the night before and your earrings and your shoes.

* the fact that you and one other girl were the smallest in the class and that the tallest boy towered over you by a full head and shoulders.


I am proud of you...and I love you very much.

Comments:
How utterly cute! I love her dress. :)
 
Congratulations Madeline!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


Locations of visitors to this page


<